AKiTiO Thunder3 Node Duo - Dual slot Thunderbolt3 PCIe Box. For use with Half-length, full height, double width PCIe cards
The Node Duo, with space enough for two half-length PCIe cards, is the ultimate plug and play expansion kit for Thunderbolt 3 computers (e.g. laptop computers) where installing an internal expansion card is not an option and for systems where there is not enough space for more PCIe cards. The Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) connection not only makes adding an external PCIe card easy but it also allows you to take the device with you to use on location and move it from one system to another.
Supports two PCIe Gen3 x2 cards
The two PCIe slots accept half-length, full-height, double-width cards and provide 25W of power each. If only one PCIe card is installed and the power delivery function is not used, the PCIe slot can provide up to 75W of power.
Upgradeable power supply
For PCIe cards that require more power, this device can be modified accordingly. For more power, the included 150W power adapter can be replaced with a 230W power adapter, making it possible to provide up to 75W of power to each slot. For even more power, the breakaway-tab on the back panel can be removed to create an opening, which can then be used to run a cable from an additional PSU directly to the PCIe card (e.g. 6+2-pin PCIe power cable).
Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps, creating one compact port that does it all – delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device. For the first time, one computer port connects to Thunderbolt devices, every display, and billions of USB devices. A single cable now provides four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other cable, while also supplying power to bus-powered devices. The Node Duo has two Thunderbolt 3 ports. The second port operates the same as a Thunderbolt 3 computer port by supporting Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy-chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
The dedicated DisplayPort connector makes it easy to connect an additional monitor to extend your workspace. This video output capability requires a Thunderbolt 3 connection to the computer and will free up the second Thunderbolt 3 port for Thunderbolt 3 (up to 5 daisy-chained), USB 3.1 (10 Gbps), and DisplayPort devices.
- Thunderbolt 3 for lightning fast transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps
- PCIe (x16) slots supporting two half-length, full-height, double-width cards
- PCI Express 3.0 compliant interface with 2 lanes per slot
- Dedicated DisplayPort for additional monitor to expand the workspace
- 2nd Thunderbolt port supports Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1, and DisplayPort devices
- USB power delivery provides 60W of power to recharge compatible laptops
- Wire mesh panel to dissipate heat from cards with on-board fans
- Big handles to easily carry the device
Compatible with the Macs listed below.
- CE, FCC, VCCI, BSMI, RCM, Thunderbolt technology
- Case material
- High quality aluminium with wire mesh panel
- 2 x PCIe cards - see compatibility chart
- Supports half-length (max 8.66 in / 22 cm), full-height (max 4.94 in / 12.5 cm) and double-width (max 2 slots) cards
- Each PCIe slot provides a maximum of 25W but the standard 150W power adapter can be replaced with a 230W PSU to provide up to 75W per slot
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with one of the ports supporting power delivery (PD) up to 3A at 5V, 9V, 15V, 20V with a maximum of 60W
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.2
- 2 x PCIe slots (x16 mechanical) with 2 lane PCI Express 3.0 interface (x2 electrical) per slot
- Data transfer
- Thunderbolt 3 up to 40 Gbps
- DisplayPort 1.2 (4K at 60 Hz)
- System requirements (PC)
- Not supported
- System requirements (Mac)
- macOS 10.13 and later
- Computer with Thunderbolt 3 port
- Power supply
- External power adapter (UL, cUL, CE,
- FCC, GS, PSE, BSMI, RCM, CCC, KC approved
- Input: AC 100-240V, 50Hz-60Hz Output: DC +12V/12.5
- Fan noise level
- 29.6 dB(A)
- Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 11.54 inches x 6.1 inches x 9.13 inches
- 29.3 cm x 15.5 cm x 23.2 cm
What's in the box?
- 1 x AKiTiO Thunder3 Node Duo - Dual slot Thunderbolt3 PCIe Box. For use with Half-length, full heighth, double width PCIe cards
- 1 x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C cable (2m)
- 1 x Setup guide
- 2 Year Warranty