Get more storage when you upgrade/replace the existing 2.5" drive in your Mac.
Includes a 2.5" drive, enclosure, and toolkit to upgrade/replace the internal drive in your Mac.
Upgrade/Replace your internal drive
The Drive and Tools you need to Upgrade/Replace the existing 2.5" Drive in your laptop, Mac mini, Xbox, PS3, etc + make the drive being replaced an External for data transfer, backup, and/or additional portable storage.
Everything you need in one package, immediately ready to assemble and:
- Backup and store your data with style and confidence.
- Take your data with you - small enough to keep in a pocket!
- Easily add additional laptop storage with no AC adapter required.
The Right Tools for the Job
Before attempting to perform this installation, please watch the following instructional video in its entirety to determine your ability to perform this complex procedure. OWC assumes no responsibility for damage that may occur during the install. Technical support for this DIY product consists only of this video.
Please check here for a special note regarding compatibility with specific 2009 iMacs, 2008-2010 MacBooks, 2008-2009 MacBook Pros & 2009 Mac mini.
- 2.5" OWC Solid State Drive 7mm
- Backup and store your data with style and confidence
- Take your data with you - small enough to keep in a pocket
- Easily add additional laptop storage with no AC adapter required
- Perfect for anybody seeking more storage
COMPACT AND VERSATILE The OWC Express 2.5" Enclosure offers maximum mobile data storage/backup potential with a sleek, totally bus powered design. Just add your own 2.5" Serial ATA (SATA) I/II/III hard drive or SSD up to 9.5mm height and take your digital life with you wherever you roam.
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- Mercury Electra 6G SSD Specifications:
- Phison PS3112-S12 with 7% over-provisioning
- Synchronous Triple-Level Cell (TLC) 3D NAND Flash
- Form Factor
- Standard 7mm 2.5"
- SATA 6.0 Gb/s
- RAID Support
- SMART Attributes
- Native Command Queuing
- up to 32 commands
- RoHS Compliant
- Data Reliability
- Built-in BCH ECC: Up to 66 bits correctable per 1024 bytes
- Read 550 MB/s - Write 530 MB/s
- H: 7mm x W: 70.06mm L: 100.12mm
- 77 grams
- OWC Express
- Jmicron 20329 USB 2.0 chipset
- Interfaces Supported
- USB 2.0 / 1.1 Backwards compatible
- Port Configuration
- USB 2.0 - (1) mini "B" port
- Max Data Transfer Rate
- USB 2.0 - 480Mbps (or 60MB/sec)
- Port/Interface Bootability
- USB 2.0: Supported on Macs and PC's meeting minimum requirements.
- System Requirements
- Macintosh: Macintosh running OS 8.6 to 9.2.2, OS X 10.2.x or later including 'Mavericks' 10.9.x, and an available USB port. Time Machine Compatible: Mac OS X 10.5 (version introduced) and later.
- PC: Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, NT, 98, and an available USB port.
- Linux: Linux compatible via supported the USB interface.
- Super quiet fan-less ventilation
- Power Supply
- Bus Power via USB on all models with USB 2.0 port
- Drive Requirements
- Any 2.5" Serial-ATA Hard Drive up to 9.5mm height. Not recommended for Solid State Drives.
- ExternalCase Dimensions
- W: 7.8 x L: 13 x H: 1.4 cm
- Enclosure Weight
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC Express 2.5" SATA Drive Enclosure
- 1 x 480GB OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD
- 1 x OWC 5-Piece Mini Toolkit
- Nylon Spudger
- Phillips #00
- Straight Blade 1.8mm
- Torx T8
- Torx T6
- 1 x Assembly Manual & User Guide
- 1 x Carrying sleeve
- 5 Year Limited Warranty