Tower Housing with extensive expandability for the new Mac Pro
This is a full tower (or 4U rackmount with conversion kit sold separately) that encloses and supports the Mac Pro, provides remote front panel on-off power switching for the Mac Pro, breakout of all I-O cabling for Mac Pro (Thunderbolt/GbE/HDMI/USB3/Mike/Headphones – everything) to either front or rear panel – nothing like this in the world, anywhere else.
The LTNG-XQ-DTMP-B is the only product on the market featuring four full-bandwidth PCIe slots, using two independent Thunderbolt 2 20Gbps bridge circuits: One Thunderbolt bridge drives two slots, and a second internal Thunderbolt bridge drives the other two slots. Connections to the host Mac Pro include using two of the three available Thunderbolt bus connections to the Mac. Daisy-chain expansion beyond the LTNG-XQ-DTMP-B is also available via its four Thunderbolt expansion ports. The DTMP provides internal connectivity of the Thunderbolt connections to the Mac Pro computer.
The Mac Pro installs in a few minutes using a removable carriage that securely straps the computer in place and in the correct position to install all I-O cables and use remote on-off power switch activation provided by the LTNG-XQ-DTMP-B.
Note: This product is also rack-mountable using an accessory bracket sold separately. Once the rack mounting kit is attached, it fits any conventional 19” RETMA/EIA rack equipment cabinet, occupying 4U of cabinet space.
This product has internal forced air cooling and is powered by an internal 460 Watt power supply, and is attractively packaged with a rugged powder coated finish.
- Intel-Certified product
- Four x16 (mechanically, x4 electrically) PCIe expansion slots
- Four 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 I/O ports
- Daisy-chaining Supported
- Rack Mountable in 4U with add on kit
- Made in U.S.A.
- Front connections
- GbE; USB 3.0; HDMI; mic/headphones A/V
- Rear connections
- Four Thunderbolt 2 expansion ports; any I-O ports provided by installed PCIe peripheral cards; and the option to install the front panel I-O panel on the rear rather than the front panel
- Thunderbolt Supported
- Four Thunderbolt 2 ports (backwards compatable with Thunderbolt 1)
- PCIe Support
- PCIe 3.0 (backwards compatable with PCIe gen 2 and gen 1) Four x16 slots mechanically (x4 electrically)
- RAID Controller
- Internal 6Gb SAS RAID Controller provides RAID 0/1/4/5/6, user selectable via the supplied browser-based GUI
- Common applications
- SAS/SATA host bus adapters and RAID controller cards
- Video capture cards
- Fibre channel host bus adapters and RAID controller cards
- Audio interface cards
- 10GbE network adapter cards
- Graphical Processing Units (GPUs), RED Rocket-X cards
- Power Supply
- 460W, universal input (90-264V, 50~60 Hz)
- Rugged powder coated finish
- 18”H x 7”W x 22”D (457mm H x 178mm W x 559mm D) as a desktop tower; height is reduced to 17.75” (451mm) when handles are removed and rack mount kit installed.
- 28 lbs (not including installed PCIe peripheral cards or disk drives)
- Optional rack mount kit: JMR model CKIT-218 (red) or CKIT-218-B (black) (order separately as required)
What's in the box?
- Black JMR LTNG-XQ-DTMP-B Tower Housing for the Mac Pro with four Thunderbolt 2 Ports and four PCIe 3.0 x16 slots.
- 2 Year Warranty