2TB SSD ThunderBay 4 RAID 4 Edition (Thunderbolt 3 Model) with Dual Thunderbolt 3 Ports and SoftRAID XT
ThunderBay 4, OWC's flagship 4-bay RAID powerhouse is bigger and faster than ever before. Now with the unbelievable performance of Thunderbolt 3 — up to 1527MB/s sustained performance — it's the ultimate workhorse external storage solution.Not only faster, the new ThunderBay 4 Thunderbolt 3 is now natively compatible with both 2.5" and 3.5" drives, and with a redesigned chassis, it's even cooler and quieter too.
Edit, Experiment, Create, Design
Designed with performance in mind and engineered to harness the power of Thunderbolt 3, ThunderBay 4 is an incredibly flexible external solution with the throughput to support multi-stream compressed 4K video and other bandwidth-intensive operations.ThunderBay 4 is highly configurable to perfectly match your performance needs. Choose between traditional hard drives or Solid State Drives. Use each drive independently, or in the RAID configuration of your choice for the optimal balance of performance and data-redundancy. Get the most out of your storage, take the brakes off your workflow, and do more with a ThunderBay 4.
Out of This World Performance + Redundancy
Experience the most advanced software RAID available with the ThunderBay 4 RAID Edition. Empower your workflow with up to 35% faster RAID performance and exponentially faster rebuild times than comparable hardware RAID arrays. SoftRAID combines the advanced RAID modes, superior performance, comprehensive, real-time disk monitoring, e-mail notification, and fast rebuild capabilities that only software RAID can deliver.The SoftRAID engine is extremely flexible and can easily be updated, reconfigured and used across multiple enclosures to provide an amazing amount of robust options to empower you to make the most of your ThunderBay workflow.
Monitoring + Notifications
Easily setup drive monitoring and e-mail notifications to keep you informed about your ThunderBay's performance and drive health. Helping you to maintain mission critical workflows.
Certified and Tested
Each ThunderBay 4 undergoes OWC's multi-hour drive "burn-in" performance certification procedure prior to shipping. This ensures your ThunderBay 4 arrives operating properly, ready for demanding use.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Dedicated DisplayPort 1.2 port
- Up to 1527MB/s sustained performance
- Works with 3.5" or 2.5" drives — no adapter needed
- User configurable in RAID 0, 1, 4, 5 & 1+0
- Ultra quiet, heat dissipating aluminum chassis
- Rigorously pre-tested with multi-hour burn-in
- Intelligent drive monitoring with desktop and email notifications
Compatible with the Macs listed below.
- Software Requirements
- macOS 10.12.2 or later
- Windows 10 or later
- Hardware Requirements
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 3 interface
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 interface
- Interface (Chipset)
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (Intel DSL6540)
- 1 x DisplayPort
- Max Transfer Rate
- Thunderbolt 3: 40 Gb/s (5000 MB/s)
- RAID Modes Supported
- RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, 10 and Independent drive mode
- Initial Configuration
- RAID 4
- Standard Mechanism
- 4 x 480GB OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD
- Performance Read
- Up to 1527MB/s
- Kensington Lock Slot
- Yes (Power and disk activity)
- Plug and Play
- AC input: 100 - 230V
- Height: 7.0 in (177 mm)
- Width: 5.3 in (135 mm)
- Length: 9.6 in (245 mm)
- 5.7 kg (12.6 lbs)
What's in the box?
- OWC ThunderBay 4 high performance storage solution with Thunderbolt 3
- Thunderbolt 3 cable
- External power cable
- 2 Security Keys
- ThunderBay 4 Quick Start Guide
- SoftRAID Quick Start Guide
- Complimentary 1 Year Level 1 Data Recovery Service
- 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty