48.0TB ThunderBay 4 with dual Thunderbolt 3 ports
ThunderBay 4, OWC's flagship 4-bay RAID ready powerhouse is bigger and faster than ever before. Now with the unbelievable performance of Thunderbolt 3 — up to 1527MB/s sustained performance>— it's the ultimate workhorse external storage solution.
Not only faster, the new ThunderBay 4 Thunderbolt 3 is now natively compatible with both 2.5" and 3.5" drives, and with a redesigned chassis, it's even cooler and quieter too. Add vast amounts of high-performance storage with ThunderBay 4.
Utilise each of the four internal drives independently, or use the software RAID of your choice to setup a multi-drive array for high performance or data redundancy.
Time-Tested Cooling: Built on OWC's time-tested enclosure cooling technology, ThunderBay 4 utilises an open "flow-thru" vented design with an oversized 92 mm, low-turbulence, noise-quieting fan to keep the drives running cool and reliably.
Multi-Drive: Daisy-chain up to six ThunderBay 4s for massive storage capabilities and increased performance, or connect multiple ThunderBay 4s to multiple Thunderbolt 3 ports to achieve exponential speed capabilities.
Vibration Dampened: ThunderBay 4's drive isolating design reduces sonic resonance, and is aided by over-sized, rugged, vibration-absorbing, non-skid feet.
DisplayPort 1.2 Support: Dual Thunderbolt ports let you connect the display of your choice that your computer can support, including 4K displays.
OWC Thunderbolt Cable: ThunderBay 4 comes with a certified OWC Thunderbolt 3 cable, with other lengths from 0.5 meter to 2.0 meters available separately.
Designed with performance in mind and engineered to harness the power of Thunderbolt 3, ThunderBay 4 is an incredibly flexible external solution with the throughput to support multi-stream compressed 4K video and other bandwidth-intensive operations.
Highly configurable to perfectly match your performance needs. Use each drive independently, or in the RAID configuration of your choice for the optimal balance of performance and data-redundancy. Get the most out of your storage, take the brakes off your workflow, and do more with a ThunderBay 4.
Each ThunderBay 4 undergoes OWC's multi-hour drive "burn-in" performance certification procedure prior to shipping. This ensures your ThunderBay 4 arrives operating properly, ready for demanding use.
- Dedicated DisplayPort 1.2 port
- Up to 1527MB/s sustained performance
- Works with 3.5" or 2.5" drives — no adapter needed
- Ultra quiet, heat dissipating aluminum chassis
- Rigorously pre-tested with multi-hour burn-in
- Plug and play RAID Ready
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- Software Requirements
- macOS 10.12 or later
- Windows 10 or later
- Hardware Requirements
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 3 interface
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 interface
- Interface (Chipset)
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (Intel DSL6540)
- 1 x DisplayPort
- Max Transfer Rate
- Thunderbolt 3: 40 Gb/s (5000 MB/s)
- JBOD / RAID Support
- JBOD: Utilize each of the four drives independently
- RAID: Use any Software RAID of your choice to setup the ThunderBay 4 for multi-drive performance or data redundancy
- Includes SoftRAID Lite with support for RAID 0 and 1. Upgrade option for RAID 4, 5, 1+0 capability
- Initial Configuration
- RAID 0
- Standard Mechanism
- 4 x 12.0TB Toshiba DT01ACA Series Hard Disk Drives
- Read: Up to 1527MB/s
- Kensington Lock Slot
- Yes (Power and disk activity)
- Plug and Play
- Power Supply
- AC input: 100 - 230V
- Height: 7.0 in (177 mm)
- Width: 5.3 in (135 mm)
- Length: 9.6 in (245 mm)
- 5.7 kg (12.6 lbs)
What's in the box?
- OWC ThunderBay 4 high performance storage solution with Thunderbolt 3
- 2.0 meter (79 in) Thunderbolt 3 cable
- External power cable
- 2 Security Keys
- ThunderBay 4 Quick Start Guide
- SoftRAID Lite
- SoftRAID Lite Quick Start Guide
- Utility software bundle for Mac and PC
- 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty