2.5" Drive Storage Kit available with 480GB Solid State Drive.
The OWC Mercury On-The-Go USB 3.0 & 2.0 / FireWire 800 (FireWire 400 Backwards Compatible) Storage solution packs an incredible punch into a 88.9mm x 139.7mm x 25.4mm 190g package!
The OWC Mercury On-The-Go features the latest in performance with an Oxford combination FireWire and USB chipset creating one perfectly integrated storage solution.
The OWC Mercury On-The-Go's fan-less design offers near silent operation while still keeping your drive cool. The built-in aluminium heatsink underneath the drive and passthrough cooling vents on the top of the case work in tandem to provide optimum results.
- Bus-Powered, Multi-Interface Storage
- Bus Interface
- FireWire 1394B (IEE1394A/B/iLink Compliant), 2 9 Pin (powered) ports, backwards compatible with FireWire 400 (9-Pin to 6-Pin Cable) – requires FireWire 800 to 400 Cable/Adapter for use with 1394A Interface, see related items.
- USB 3.0 / 2.0 / 1.1 Backwards compatible 9 pin mini "B" port.
- All cables included. The USB cable connects to systems with USB, USB 2.0, and USB 3.0. No additional USB cable is needed to connect the drive.
- Oxford 944 and ASMedia 1051e FireWire/USB chipset
- Max Data Transfer Rate
- FireWire 800 – 100MB/sec
- FireWire 400 – 50MB/sec
- USB 3.0 – 500MB/sec
- USB 2.0 – 60MB/sec
- USB 1.1 – 1.5MB/sec
- Macintosh System Requirements
- Mac OS 8.6 to 9.2.2 compatible, OS X 10.1.x and later. (10.2 or later required for FW800 and USB 3.0)
- External Case Dimensions
- 88.9mm x 139.7mm x 25.4mm
- Unit Weight (no mechanism)
What's in the box?
- OWC Mercury On-The-Go Pro Bus-Powered, Multi-Interface, USB 3.0 & 2.0 / FireWire 800 (FireWire 400 Backwards Compatible) Storage Kit
- 15" High Quality Double Shielded FireWire 800 connecting cable (9-9 Pin cable)
- 18" High Quality Double Shielded USB
- 3.0/2.0/1.1 (9 pin mini A – B) certified connecting cable
- Carrying Case
- On-The-Go Pro Assembly Manual
- 3 Year OWC Solution Warranty