The complete solution for your 2012 and later 21.5" iMac
Experience the extreme performance of an OWC SSD upgrade with this easy DIY SSD and hard drive replacement kit. Add an SSD to your hard drive equipped iMac to experience faster booting, near instant application launches and data transfer speeds up over 500 MB/s.
With sustained data speeds of over 500 MB/s, up to 100X greater data protection than enterprise class Hard Disk Drives, and RAISE technology for RAID like data protection and reliability, the OWC Mercury 6G SSD line delivers unbeatable performance, that's backed by an incredible OWC SSD Limited Warranty.
This comprehensive kit has all the tools you need to replace your factory HDD with a high performance SSD, bringing a complete diy upgrade within your reach. Includes drivers, glass removal suction cups, and screen adhesive so you can get the job done yourself. The included OWC Express 2.5" USB 3.0 enclosure offers maximum mobile data storage/backup potential with a sleek, totally bus powered design. Just add your iMac's factory 2.5" hard drive or SSD and take your digital life with you wherever you roam!
Note:Mercury Electra 6G SSDs can only be installed in 21.5-inch iMac models that came with a factory-installed HDD or Fusion drive. Solid-State Drive (SSD) only machines can be upgraded with an Aura Pro X2 SSD (Late 2013 - Current) or Aura 6G SSD (Late 2012 - Early 2013).
- Add a high-performance OWC 6G SSD to your iMac
- Data transfer speeds up over 500 MB/s
- Pocket-sized USB bus powered ventilated enclosure for your iMac's HDD
Upgrade beyond the factory 2.5-inch 1.0TB hard drive ceiling and install a hard drive up to 3.0TB, or for the ultimate performance upgrade, swap the main hard drive out with a SSD up to 2.0TB. Utilize our install video to guide your upgrade step-by-step and make your iMac faster than the factory.
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- 3D SLC NAND Flash
- Cache: 3D SLC NAND
- Storage: 3D TLC NAND
- Form Factor
- Standard 7mm 2.5"
- SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s supported, SATA 3.0 Compliant
- 500GB useable capacity
- SMART Attributes
- Native Command Queuing
- Up to 32 commands
- RoHS Compliant
- TRIM Support
- OS Dependent
- Sequential Reads (Compressible Data): Up to 529MB/s
- Sequential Reads (Incompressible Data): Up to 521MB/s
- Sequential Writes (Compressible Data): Up to 483MB/s
- Sequential Writes (Incompressible Data): Up to 444MB/s
- Random 4K Read: Up to 90,000 IOPS
- Random 4K Write: Up to 60,000 IOPS
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC Mercury 6G SSD
- 1 x OWC Express enclosure - silver
- 2 x NewerTech 2.25" Suction Cup
- 1 x Torx T10s driver
- 1 x Adhesive strip set
- 1 x NewerTech pry tool
- 1 x Guitar pick / pry tool
- 1 x Microfiber scratch-free cloth
- 3 Year OWC SSD Warranty
- 1 Year OWC Enclosure Warranty