AKiTiO Thunder3 10G Network Adapter (Thunderbolt 3) w/Intel Alpine Ridge + Aquantia AQC107S
The T3-10G network adapter offers a portable, bus powered, fan-less and low-cost 10GbE solution enabling 10GBase-T and NBASE-T (IEEE 802.3bz-2016) connectivity for Apple OS X and Microsoft Windows environments over Thunderbolt. This network adapter is ideal for Thunderbolt 3 capable notebooks like the MacBook Pro (late 2016) and professional workstations that require reliable, accelerated access to external storage and networks for I/O demanding applications.
10GBase-T connectivity over Thunderbolt 3
The 10G network adapter utilises a simplified design for high speed, 10GbE networking for modern workstations and ultrabooks which typically lack 1GbE connectivity or the capability to deploy an internal PCIe 10GbE network card (NIC), but may be equipped with a Thunderbolt 3 connector capable of delivering up to 40Gbps. The Ethernet port supports auto-negotiation for 10Gb/s, 5Gb/s, 2.5Gb/s, 1Gb/s and 100Mb/s, making this a very flexible solution for any environment.
Compact, Portable and Bus Powered
The T3-10G provides an extremely portable 10 Gigabit Ethernet solution. This sleek and compact adapter runs on bus power alone. The rugged aluminium housing with its unique heatsink design and open gaps for air flow can dissipate the heat and keep the device cool all without any noise whatsoever. Hassle-free with its reversible Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) cable, simply plug in the device, install the driver and you are set to go.
- Thunderbolt 3 interface with reversible USB-C connector
- Ethernet port supports auto-negotiation for 10Gb/s, 5Gb/s, 2.5Gb/s, 1Gb/s and 100Mb/s Base-T
- Jumbo frame (16K) and Wake-on-LAN (WoL) support
- AVB (IEEE 802.1Qav, Audio Video Bridging)
- Large gaps for air flow and heatsink for passive cooling
- Bus powered 10GbE network adapter
- Durable, compact and portable
- Protective rubber sleeve
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- CE, FCC, VCCI, RCM, BSMI, Thunderbolt
- Case material
- High quality aluminum for optimized heat dissipation
- 1 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port
- 1 x RJ45 Ethernet port compatible with 10G/5G/2.5G/1G/100M Base-T
- Data transfer
- Thunderbolt 3 up to 40Gbps
- Ethernet port supports auto-negotiation for 10Gb/s, 5Gb/s, 2.5Gb/s, 1Gb/s and 100Mb/s
- System requirements (PC)
- Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Computer with Thunderbolt 3 port
- 10G Ethernet driver must be installed for the device to function properly
- System requirements (Mac)
- macOS 10.13.6 and later
- Computer with Thunderbolt 3 port
- Power supply
- N/A (bus powered)
- Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 4.96 inches x 3.15 inches x 1.46 inches
- 12.6cm x 8cm x 3.7cm
- This Thunderbolt product is not compatible with Apple's Boot Camp.
- High quality Cat-6A Ethernet cable is recommended for distances up to 100m. At shorter cable length, it's possible to use cables of lower grade (e.g. Cat-6 for 10G or Cat-5e for 5G up to 55m).
- To use this bus-powered device on older Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 computers, it has to be connected to the second Thunderbolt 3 port on another self-powered Thunderbolt 3 device. If connected directly to the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter, bus-power is insufficient. A possible setup might look like this: TB2 Mac with macOS 10.13.4 or above > TB3 to TB2 adapter from Apple > self-powered TB3 device with two TB3 ports > TB3 10G adapter.
What's in the box?
- 1 x AKiTiO Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- 1 x Thunderbolt 3 cable (70cm)
- 1 x Setup guide
- 2 Year Limited Warranty