Add Two Solid State Drives and SATA III to Take Your Mac Pro Performance to the max.
Simple to install and with PCIe 2.0 data transfer speeds up to 800 MB/sec, the Velocity Duo X2 gives your Mac Pro a new lease of life with Dual SSDs (RAID 0) and super-fast SATA III connections. The Velocity Duo utilises a Marvell 9230 chipset and is bootable in both PC and Mac systems.
Running your OS and applications on an SSD provides a measurable performance increase.
The Velocity Duo takes just minutes to install. Simply snap your Solid State Drives to the Velocity Duo's SATA connectors, secure them with the provided mounting screws, then slide the card into any available PCIe slot (x2 or larger.) Once installed, transfer your OS and applications from your hard drive to your new SSDs using Apple's built-in Disk Utility.
- Upgrade your Mac Pro to a high-speed dual SSD RAID 0 with the latest SATA III interface (6Gbs)
- Uses a single PCIe 2.0 slot (x2 or larger) for data transfer speeds up to 800 MB/sec.
- Boots in an instant, opens applications in a flash, and slashes read/write times.
- Two SSDs can also be used independently.
- TRIM Compatible and can access capacities in excess of 2.2TB
- SATA Controller Chipset
- Marvell 9230
- Read/Write Performance
- 800/800 MBs - Two drives (RAID 0)
- Max Performance
- SATA 3 interface - Two drives
- Bootable Mac Pro support
- Mac Pro 3,1. Mac Pro 4,1. Mac Pro 5,1.
What's in the box?
- Apricorn Velocity Duo X2.
- Software Download.
- Apricorn EZ Gig for Windows.
- Quick Start Guide.
- 3 Year Apricorn Warranty