Add two eSATA ports w/ data transfer rates up to 500MB/s
The MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card is like a "performance assurance policy" as conventional hard disk drives and SSDs migrate to the SATA 6Gb/s standard. Installing the card now offers immediate speeds gains while making a Mac Pro or PC future ready for even greater speed gains. Like all good upgrades, the card doesn't leave the past behind. The NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card is fully backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 slots as well as previous generations of SATA 1.5Gb/s and 3Gb/s drives.
High performance doesn't mean a thing if its highly complicated to use, install, or a hassle to keep maintained. Because the NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card is fully compliant with the industry standard Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI), there are no drivers to install and no future driver downloading/updating required. Additionally, the card uses the same connecting cables utilised by earlier SATA 1.5Gb/s and 3Gb/s devices for straight from the box, "install it and forget it" highest levels of convenience and performance.
From faster backups and file transfers to high-end Audio/Video editing, connecting an eSATA interface equipped device to the NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card can take data transfer performance to an entirely new level. Optimally compatible with Mac Pro models and PCs with an available PCIe 2.0 slot, the NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card works with ANY eSATA interfaced equipped external hard drive or optical drive (NOTE: does not support port multiplier cases/enclosures.) to deliver significantly faster data transfer rates over the fastest factory equipped Mac Pro interface of FireWire 800.
- Add two 6Gb/s ports for the fastest Mac Pro data interface
- Adds Faster Than Factory Interface To Mac Pros
- Asmedia 1061
- Connector Type
- Two eSATA 6Gb/s ports
- PCI-Express 2.0 x1, backwards compatible with PCIe 1.0 expansion slots
- Form Factor
- Standard PCIe
- Data Transfer Rate
- Up to 500MB/s total card bandwidth under optimal conditions.
- Mac Requirements
- Hardware: Intel-based Mac with available PCIe 2.0 or 1.0 slot. | Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.x and later
- Hot Plug/Hot Swap Support
- PC and Mac
- Supports booting in Mac OS 10.6.8 and higher, Windows (Vista & Window 7) with AHCI mode enabled in the BIOS.
- Port Multiplier
- May also be used in external Thunderbolt expansion chassis.
What's in the box?
- NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card
- Quickstart Guide
- 3 Year NewerTech Warranty