High-Performance RAID 0/1/5/10/JBOD Controller Card
From faster backups and file transfers to high-end Audio/Video editing, connecting an eSATA interface equipped device to the MAXPower 4-Port eSATA RAID Card can take data transfer performance to an entirely new level. Optimally compatible with Mac Pro models and PCs with an available PCIe 2.0 slot, the MAXPower 4-Port eSATA RAID Card works with ANY eSATA interfaced equipped external hard drive to deliver significantly faster data transfer rates over the fastest factory equipped Mac Pro interface of FireWire 800.
RAID stands for Redundant Array of Independent Drives. Put simply, this means taking multiple matching drives and arranging them together to achieve large storage space, speed, data protection, or any combination of the three. The MAXPower 4-Port eSATA RAID Card supports RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 levels; as well as supporting JBOD (SPAN and individual drive modes). You can learn more about RAID modes at this link here.
In addition to supporting up to four single or dual eSATA enclosure, the MAXPower 4-Port eSATA RAID Card supports port multiplier enclosures to connect up to 5 drives into a single eSATA port. By supporting port multiplier enclosures, the MAXPower 4-Port eSATA RAID Card can provide massive storage and increased data protection by utilising up to 20 drives for protective RAID arrays such as RAID 1, 10, & 5.
- Adds 4 x 6G eSATA Ports to Apple Mac Pro 2006-2012
- Take data transfer performance to an entirely new level
- Port Multiplier Support for Up to 20 Drives
- Marvell 9235
- Connector Type
- Four eSATA 6Gb/s ports
- PCI-Express 2.0 x2 bandwidth (Hardware Interface PCI-Express x4)
- Form Factor
- Full-height card
- Data Transfer Rate
- Up to 1000MB/s total card bandwidth under optimal conditions.
- Mac Requirements
- OS X 10.6.8 to 10.11
- Bootable in RAID Support Mac OS X 10.6 (Default Windows bootable. Mac boot supported upon configuration.) Bootable in MacPro3,1 and later as well as Thunderbolt equipped Macs utilising a Thunderbolt PCIe expansion unit.
- Backward compatible with SATA Revision 1.x (1.5Gb/s) and 2.x (3Gb/s) hard drives and solid state drives.
- Port Multiplier
- RAID Support
- Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 & JBOD
What's in the box?
- NewerTech MAXPower 4-port eSATA 6G PCIe 2.0 RAID Controller Card
- CD - Manual and drivers for Mac OSX and Windows
- Quick Installation guide
- 3 Year NewerTech Warranty