OWC Envoy Pro FX Portable NVMe M.2 SSD
The first portable SSDs on the market were truly one small step in mobile storage advancement, often with limited capacity, speeds, and reliability. The Envoy Pro FX is one giant leap For All Computerkind as it’s the first portable SSD with out-of-this-world performance and compatibility. Plug into yesterday’s and today’s Thunderbolt and USB equipped Macs and PCs. Plug into tomorrow’s Thunderbolt 4 and USB4 machines. You can even plug it into iPad Pro, Chromebook, and Surface devices. Imagine…never having to worry about what your external drive works with or what interface your drive has!
The X in Envoy Pro FX means you can enjoy Xtreme max performance from any interface you connect to with speeds up to 2800MB/s. Whether you’re looking to access and save files from an older machine, backup up personal files, or do some in-field large format video editing, the Envoy Pro FX can handle every audio, video, photo, graphics, and gaming task you throw at it.
Flexible uses in Xtreme environments is a defining attribute of the Envoy Pro FX. Its sleek heat dissipating aluminium housing is IP67 rated so you can work in the dirtiest and wettest environments. Take on the urban jungle or a chaotic set with supreme confidence that your data is protected by MIL-STD810G certified military-level drop toughness. It's so tough that we sent it into space aboard the Blue Origin New Shepard rocket! Whether you’re dropping it or suspending it in zero G, the Envoy Pro FX has all the right stuff.
Difference Making Truth
Big theoretical performance numbers are certainly eye-catchers…but they rarely reflect real-world performance. That’s why we take the extra time to run OWC storage solutions through intensive performance testing. Truthfully listing the Envoy Pro FX’s up to 2800MB/s real-world test results defines our commitment to the “OWC Difference” which ensures you’ll be completely satisfied the Envoy Pro FX will handle your most demanding needs.
Form Meets Function
The deeply grooved fins on the Envoy Pro FX’s charcoal grey aluminium chassis aren’t there just for good looks. They turn the entire enclosure into a highly effective heat sink for maximum heat dissipation and performance. Even after prolonged top speed file transfers, the silent Envoy Pro FX remains reliably cool.
- Flexible compatibility: Plug and play with yesterday’s, today’s, and tomorrow’s Macs; Windows and Linux PCs; and iPad Pro, Chromebook, and Surface devices
- Extremely fast: supports the max performance capability of any Thunderbolt and USB interface up to 2800MB/s
- Versatile: perfect for audio, video, photography, graphics, gaming, and general data storage/backup uses
- OWC Aura SSD powered: advanced storage technology with TRIM support combined with Thunderbolt delivers the fastest and most reliable performance available in a portable drive
- Built like a tank: dust/drop/waterproof certified
- Portable: bus-powered and smaller that most compact size smartphones
- Silently cool: fanless, heat dissipating aluminium housing for distraction-free operation
- Secure: non-skid rubber feet keep drive in place
- Informative: LED for at glance confirmation of power and activity status
- Connected: included Thunderbolt / USB cable plugs into to any machine anywhere
The first portable SSDs on the market were one small step in mobile storage advancement, often with limited capacity, speeds, and reliability.
- Total Storage Capacity
- Standard Mechanism
- (1) 2TB OWC Aura P12 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
- Thunderbolt: Intel Titan Ridge
- USB: Realtek RTL9210
- BSMI, CE, FCC, RCM, VCCI
- Data Transfer Rate (Maximum)
- Thunderbolt 3 : 40 Gb/s (or 5000 MB/s)
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 : 10 Gb/s (or 1250 MB/s)
- Mac OS Compatibility
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and later
- PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Linux OS Compatibility
- Mobile OS Compatibility
- iPadOS 13 and later
- Other Requirements
- For Thunderbolt 3 or later on the Mac, OS version 10.13 or later is required
- For USB connections on a Mac, OS version 10.7.5 or later is required
- For Chrome OS (USB), version 85 or later is required
- For Linux, this device was tested on Ubuntu version 20.04.1 LTS. Earlier versions of Ubuntu or other Linux distributions may not support this device
- Host Port Requirements
- Requires a host with either a Thunderbolt 3 or later port, or a USB Type-C or Type-A port
- Power Supply
- Device Ports
- (1) Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Port
- Housing Material
- H: 2.0 x L: 11.0 x W: 6.5 cm
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC Envoy Pro FX
- 1 x Thunderbolt 3 cable with tethered USB Type-C to USB Type-A adapter
- 3 Year Limited Warranty