OWC Mercury Helios FX 650 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure for Mac & Windows
The OWC Mercury Helios FX 650 eGPU comes ready to have the GPU of your choice installed. With support built into the latest macOS and Windows 10, adding this processing power is as simple as plugging the Mercury Helios FX 650 into your computer's Thunderbolt 3 port.
Unlike other eGPUs, the Helios FX 650 is upgradeable. When the time comes for a better GPU, we made upgrading super simple so you can reuse your investment for years to come. That's better for you, and produces much less e-waste. The high power capabilities will let you run the demanding GPUs of today and tomorrow. The chassis is made of recyclable materials as well, which makes the Helios FX 650 the smart upgradeable and recyclable choice.
Modern software and operating systems utilise the massive power housed in the GPU to enhance the performance that spans nearly everything you do. And nowhere is GPU realised more than with graphics intensive programs, video editing suites and VR/AR software. With the graphics processing possibilities of the Mercury Helios FX 650 combined with your choice of GPU, you can experience shorter rendering times and faster effects operations with Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve, Avid, Adobe, and other video suites.
Keeping this much graphics processing power cool and quiet is a tall order, but Mercury Helios FX 650 delivers. With a large variable speed, temperature-controlled fan, the Mercury Helios FX 650 plays nicely even in the most noise-sensitive environments. Minimal noise is only part of the equation. Reducing the number of cables going into your computer combines to create a clean and distraction free workspace. The Mercury Helios FX 650 provides up to 100W of power to a connected notebook computer, freeing up a Thunderbolt 3 port and letting you keep your power adapter in your bag for life on the move.
The latest computer models, even those with discrete GPUs, can experience a performance boost with the Mercury Helios FX 650. With more dedicated memory, more processing cores, and higher clock speeds, this external GPU can take your computer further.
See OWC Mercury Helios FX GPU Compatibility Guide for detailed compatibility information.
- Enhance VR, AR, 3D and video workflows Elevate gaming performance
- Works with any Thunderbolt 3 laptop and desktop
- Ready to go, plug in solution
- Upgradeable eGPU chassis
- 100W notebook power and charging
- Thunderbolt 3 cable included
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- Mac OS Compatibility
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2016
- Other Requirements
- Mac: requires macOS 10.13.4 or later
- PC: requires Windows 10 64-bit v1709 or later
- Supported PCIe card dimensions
- Mechanical (x16)
- Maximum card length: full-length
- Maximum card height: full-height
- Maximum card width: double-width
- PCIe 3.0 link (x4 per Thunderbolt 3 specifications)
- GPU Support
- Please visit the links below for the latest information and related resources, including GPU compatibility.:
- Output Connection
- Thunderbolt 3
- Intel Alpine Ridge
- 10A, 50-60Hz, 100-240V
- Total wattage: 650W
- Supports cards that require up to 375W of power
- Up to 100W power delivery over Thunderbolt 3 to charge notebook computers that support charging over Thunderbolt 3
- Ambient Temperature
- Operating: 0°C to 35°C
- Height: 20.0 cm (7.9 in)
- Length: 34.0 cm (13.4 in)
- Width: 18.5 cm (7.3 in)
- 3200 g (7.05 lbs)
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC Mercury Helios FX 650
- 1 x Power cable
- 1 x Thunderbolt 3 cable
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 3 Year Warranty