2TB OWC Mercury M.2 NVMe Solid-state Drive
The newest member of OWC's Mercury family of high performance SSDs is an incredible performance, capacity and reliability upgrade for M.2 NVMe equipped computers, especially as a boot drive. Perfect for gaming, the Mercury M.2 SSD delivers quicker boot times, quicker game launch times, and reduced save/load operations - so you can get gaming faster.
Not all flash is created equal. The new Mercury M.2 SSD is manufactured with the latest 3D MLC NAND flash, delivering superb dependability and unmatched speed. Up to 80% faster, it's the perfect upgrade for your M.2 equipped system. Plus, with NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) technology, the Mercury M.2 drives utilize four PCIe 3.0 lanes for much faster communication with the computer's processor, reducing latency.
Many systems include a small stock SSD that can fill up quickly. The Mercury M.2 SSD is available in multiple capacity options to deliver the storage space boost you need for your system. Upgrading with a Mercury M.2 SSD gives you the freedom to do more with your PC.
The Mercury M.2 SSD features SLC Write Emulation technology. This means, the drive initially writes to the first layer of flash, delivering the performance advantage of single layer flash on this initial write. The result: high performance in operations like boot up, game saves and loading.
OWC SSDs are proudly designed in Austin, TX, and undergo a rigorous 7-stage testing procedure including 100% burn-in resulting in unwavering dependability. The Mercury M.2 SSDs are backed by an OWC limited warranty.
- High performance 3D MLC NAND flash
- Sustained read speeds up to 1872MB/s
- Sustained write speeds up to 1087MB/s
- 1987GB useable capacity
- Total Flash Memory Components: 2048 GB
- 61 GB Allocated to real-time data redundancy and error correction
- Form Factor
- M.2 - 2280 "M Key"
- PCIe 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.2
- Formatted Capacity
- Silicon Motion SM2260 Series Processor with 3% over-provisioning
- SMART Attributes
- Native Command Queuing
- up to 32 commands
- OS Requirements
- Windows 7 and later
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and later
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later
- RoHS Compliant
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) - 1,500,000
- TRIM Support - OS Dependent
- Sequential Read (Max) - up to 1872MB/s
- Sequential Write (Max) - up to 1087MB/s
- Random 4K Read - up to 155,000 IOPS
- Random 4K Write - up to 190,000 IOPS
What's in the box?
- 1 x 2TB OWC Mercury M.2 NVMe SSD
- 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty