OWC Mercury Pro LTO Thunderbolt 3 LTO-8 Tape Storage & Archiving Solution + ArGest Backup Software
M&E professionals, corporations, government branches, and small businesses are all facing the same challenge: how to manage an ever-increasing amount of more complex data. Higher resolution, complex audio, and diverse formats are the project norm. Organisational content is projected to grow 50-70% annually as more data is digitalised. Licensing, regulatory, and compliance requirements are becoming more stringent.
The OWC Mercury Pro LTO is the answer to this challenge. This easily integrated tape backup and archiving solution is a mission-critical requirement for protecting and preserving huge volumes of data for longer periods with familiar drag-and-drop operation, and better economies of scale than disk-based storage. Ruggedly small with a built-in handle, the Mercury Pro LTO is able to go on-set or move among studio, department, or office computers for a shared data protection solution.
Powered by OWC ArGest Backup
Whether you’re running a small business or you’re a M&E pro, ArGest Backup is the perfect software to manage your LTO backup and archival collection. With a simple drag-and-drop interface and true cross-platform restorability in all archive formats, ArGest Backup is built to keep your data protected and accessible today and tomorrow. With unmatched speeds, air-tight verification, and system and hardware error detection and recovery, there is simply no other backup solution that can protect your assets as completely and as reliably as ArGest Backup.
Archiving Made Drag and Drop Easy
There’s a priceless convenience of familiarity in using the OWC Mercury Pro LTO to protect your data. By using archiving industry standard Linear Tape Open (LTO) tapes formatted with the Linear Tape File System (LTFS), the tapes can be accessed on your computer just like a hard drive or SSD. Files appear in folders and moving them to and from tape is drag-and-drop easy. Compatibility has never been simpler. Thanks to LTFS, LTO tapes can be read from a Mac, PC, or Linux system so there’s no extra software to buy or proprietary hardware concerns.
Advanced Yet Future-Ready
Because LTFS is an open, cross-platform system, and LTO tape is the dominant archiving medium that has continued to advance since being introduced in 2000, you can be confident knowing you'll be able to access your data with any brand of LTO hardware for decades to come. The Mercury Pro LTO uses the latest 12TB LTO-8 tapes, the previous generation 6TB LTO-7 tapes, and is designed to use future release LTO-9 drives.
Lower Lifetime Costs with Far Greater Life Expectancy
A 10-year Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Study performed by the Enterprise Strategy Group comparing the costs of long-term storage on disk, LTO tape, and cloud had a staggering revelation. LTO tape-based archiving offers a 577% ROI! That’s because LTO-tape offers the lowest cost per TB storage format combined with the longest life expectancy among all storage options.
Meets Stringent Regulations
Whether you need to keep sensitive data secure during transportation, or ensure irreplaceable data will be archive protected, the OWC Mercury Pro LTO enables healthcare, financial, and related industries to meet strict legal and regulatory procedures for data confidentiality and integrity. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption conceals your data from unauthorised access by making it readable only by the Mercury Pro LTO. By using a WORM (Write Once, Ready Many) LTO tape, you can store your data in a non-erasable, non-rewritable format to prevent accidental overwrite or malicious data alteration.
- Store more: up to 12TB native, up to 30TB compressed storage capacity per tape cartridge
- Flexible: built-in IBM-LTO-8 drive reads and writes LTO-8 and LTO-7 tapes
- Store longer: 30+ years tape longevity
- LTFS compatible: archive files/folders with drag and drop ease
- Simple interface: mount, format, and backup to an LTO tape and hard drive simultaneously via included myLTO app
- Secure: supports AES 256-bit encryption for sensitive data
- Compliance ready: supports WORM cartridges required by legal/regulatory record keeping
- Fast tape creation: up to 300MB/s native, up to 750MB/s1 compressed transfer rates
- Configurable: add up to 16TB SSD to the 2.5/3.5-inch drive expansion bay
- Expansive: second Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port for adding up to five additional Thunderbolt devices or your choice of a USB-C or DisplayPort device
- See more: DisplayPort 1.4 for connecting up to an 8K display
- Charge while working: 85W of notebook charging
- Transportable: Compact form factor with built in handles for moving between set and studio Complete: Includes LTO-8 12TB data tape, cleaning tape, and Thunderbolt cable
In this video, we show you how to install a 2.5 or 3.5 inch drive in the OWC Mercury Pro LTO Solution
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC Mercury Pro LTO
- 1 x LTO-8 tape (12TB native, 30TB compressed)
- 1 x Cleaning Cartridge
- 1 x ArGest Backup Software
- 1 x Thunderbolt 3 cable
- 1 x Power Cable
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 3 Year Limited Warranty