OWC ThunderBay 4 RAID4-Drive Enterprise HDD Storage Solution with Dual Thunderbolt 3 Ports
ThunderBay 4, OWC's flagship 4-bay RAID powerhouse is bigger and faster than ever before. Now with the unbelievable performance of Thunderbolt 3 up to 1550MB/s sustained performance1it's the ultimate workhorse external storage solution. Not only faster, the new ThunderBay 4 Thunderbolt 3 is now natively compatible with both 2.5" and 3.5" drives, and with a redesigned chassis, it's even cooler and quieter too.
Edit, Experiment, Create, Design
Designed with performance in mind and engineered to harness the power of Thunderbolt 3, ThunderBay 4 is an incredibly flexible external solution with the throughput to support multi-stream compressed 4K video and other bandwidth-intensive operations. ThunderBay 4 is highly configurable to perfectly match your performance needs. Choose between traditional hard drives or Solid State Drives. Use each drive independently, or in the RAID configuration of your choice for the optimal balance of performance and data-redundancy. Get the most out of your storage, take the brakes off your workflow, and do more with a ThunderBay 4.
Includes SoftRAID XT: Easy and Complete Drive Management
SoftRAID XT is the most powerful, intuitive software RAID utility on the market. Multiple RAID levels let you select the RAID level that fits you or your project’s needs best. If you need maximum volume capacity, optimum drive performance, data protection, or a combination of attributes, SoftRAID has you covered.
Packed with features like drive validation, verification and failure prediction—SoftRAID includes features you simply don’t get with hardware RAID. It’s like having a datacenter on your desktop! From home users looking to protect photos and documents to professionals needing to protect and quickly access projects, SoftRAID is the perfect solution.
4 drive bays plus so much more. Time-tested Cooling
Built on OWC's time-tested enclosure cooling technology, ThunderBay 4 utilises an open "flow-thru" vented design with an oversized 92 mm, low-turbulence, noise-quieting fan to keep the drives running cool and reliably.
Daisy-chain up to six ThunderBay 4s for massive storage capabilities and increased performance, or connect multiple ThunderBay 4s to multiple Thunderbolt 3 ports to achieve exponential speed capabilities.
ThunderBay 4's drive isolating design reduces sonic resonance, and is aided by over-sized, rugged, vibration-absorbing, non-skid feet.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Dedicated DisplayPort 1.2 port
- Up to 1527MB/s sustained performance
- Includes SoftRAID: robust software for creating, monitoring, and managing advanced RAID sets
- Ultra quiet, heat dissipating aluminium chassis
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- Software Requirements
- macOS 10.12 or later
- Windows 10 or later
- Hardware Requirements
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt 3 interface
- Mac or PC featuring Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 interface
- Interface (Chipset)
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 (Intel DSL6540)
- 1 x DisplayPort
- Max Transfer Rate
- Thunderbolt 3: 40 Gb/s (5000 MB/s)
- JBOD / RAID Support
- JBOD: Utilize each of the four drives independently
- RAID: Use the included SoftRAID software RAID to setup the ThunderBay 4 for RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, and 10
- Initial Configuration
- RAID 5
- Read: Up to 1527MB/s
- Kensington Lock Slot
- Yes (Power and disk activity)
- Plug and Play
- Power Supply
- AC input: 100 - 230V
- H: 17.7 x W: 13.5 x L: 24.5 cm
- 5.7 kg
What's in the box?
- 1 x OWC ThunderBay 4 high performance storage solution with Thunderbolt 3
- 1 x 2m Thunderbolt 3 cable
- 1 x External power cable
- 2 x Security Keys
- 1 x ThunderBay 4 Quick Start Guide
- 1 x SoftRAID XT
- 1 x SoftRAID Quick Start Guide
- 5 Year Limited Warranty