Apple's first event of the year, Spring Loaded, took place on April 20th. The event saw the announcement of the brand new AirTag, as well as other exciting updates to existing products - so what exactly was announced?
- AirTag: the brand new tracking device.
- Colourful 24” iMac: a redesigned iMac in seven vibrant colours, with the M1 chip.
- Purple iPhone 12: a vibrant new colour for iPhone 12.
- iPad Pro with M1 Chip: the ultimate iPad experience with the M1 chip.
- Apple 4K TV with A12 Bionic Chip: an upgraded, faster Apple TV experience.
Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC)
Apple's WWDC took place from June 7-11th. The event saw some major software releases:
- iOS 15: updates to Wallet, FaceTime, and Maps, among other things.
- iPadOS 15: highlights included a more customizable home screen, flexible placement of widgets, and refined multitasking.
- MacOS Monterey: the latest version of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system.
- WatchOS 8: this update brought new mindfulness, access, connectivity and exercise features to Apple Watch.
September 14th saw Apple's September event. This was a big one - iPhone 13 and a new Apple Watch were just some of the highlights.
- iPhone 13: the newest iPhone, available in 5 colours.
- Apple Watch Series 7: also available in 5 colours, and features updates to design, display, health and battery.
- iPad mini: edge-to-edge screen, an improved camera thanks to the A15 Bionic chip, and new 5G capabilities.
- iPad: new A13 Bionic chip making everything more responsive.
Apple's Unleashed event took place on October 18th. New MacBooks, powerful chips, and AirPods were among some of the exciting new releases.
- MacBook Pro: redesigned MacBook Pro in either 14" or 16".
- M1 Pro and M1 Max Chips: 70% better CPU performance and twice the graphics performance compared to M1.
- AirPods 3rd Gen: all-new contoured design with force sensor control and a shorter stem.
- HomePod Mini: three new colours for the Pod - dark blue, orange, and yellow.
Apple Music Voice Plan: the new music experience, designed exclusively for Siri at £4.99 per month.
Apple's Self Service Repair
Another big announcement from Apple this year was Self Service Repair. Apple parts, tools, and manuals will be available for iPhone 12/13s in early 2022, and then later in the year for M1 Macs. You can read all about it in our previous post.
Bonus: 2021 at Megamac.
As our mission is to modify and enhance customers' experience with Apple products, a big year for Apple meant a big year for Megamac. This year, we provided a new range of accessories to go with Apple's latest devices, from iPhone cases, to Apple Watch Straps and AirPod Cases.
We also established this very blog! We wanted to write weekly content for readers to brush up on their tech knowledge and discover the latest Apple news in an easy and accessible way. Our first post was published at the beginning of May, and since then we have written a new post every week, and we now have a total of 35 posts!
2021 has been a great year for Megamac, and we look forward to what 2022 brings! To anyone who read a Megamac blog post, purchased a product from us, or simply took some time to check out who we are - we thank you!
Have a Mega-Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!