The complete solution for your 2012 and later 21.5" iMac
Experience the extreme performance of an OWC SSD upgrade with this easy DIY SSD and hard drive replacement kit. Add an SSD to your hard drive equipped iMac to experience faster booting, near instant application launches and data transfer speeds up over 500 MB/s.
With sustained data speeds of over 500 MB/s, up to 100X greater data protection than enterprise class Hard Disk Drives, and RAISE technology for RAID like data protection and reliability, the OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD line delivers unbeatable performance, that's backed by an incredible OWC SSD Limited Warranty.
This comprehensive kit has all the tools you need to replace your factory HDD with a high performance SSD, bringing a complete diy upgrade within your reach. Includes drivers, glass removal suction cups, and screen adhesive so you can get the job done yourself. The included OWC Express 2.5" USB 3.0 enclosure offers maximum mobile data storage/backup potential with a sleek, totally bus powered design. Just add your iMac's factory 2.5" hard drive or SSD and take your digital life with you wherever you roam!
- Add a high-performance OWC 6G SSD to your iMac.
- Data transfer speeds up over 500 MB/s.
- Pocket-sized USB bus powered ventilated enclosure for your iMac's HDD.
Compatible with the Macs listed below.
- SandForce 2281 Series Processor with 7% Over Provisioning
- Tier 1 Major Multi-Level Cell (MLC) High-Performance Sync-NAND Flash
- Form Factor
- Standard 7mm 2.5"
- SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s supported, SATA 3.0 Compliant
- 480GB useable capacity Total Flash Memory Components – 512GB 32GB allocated to real-time data redundancy & error correction
- Formatted Capacity
- RAID Support
- Qualified for single drive and multiple drive production workstation RAID 0/1/10/0+1 and SPAN usage
- SMART Attributes
- Data Reliability
- ECC Recovery: Up to 55 bytes correctable per 512-byte sector
- Chip Based Data Encryption: 128-bit AES-compliant
- Nonrecoverable Read Errors
- Less than 1 sector per 1016 bits read
- Sustained Reads 6G (up to)
- Sustained Writes 6G (up to)
- Sustained Reads 3G (up to)
- Sustained Writes 3G (up to)
- Read Incompressible Data Rate (up to)
- Write Incompressible Data Rate (up to)
- Random 4K Read
- Up to 60,000 IOPS
- Random 4K Write
- Up to 60,000 IOPS
- Read/Write Latency
- less than 0.1ms
What's in the box?
- OWC Mercury 6G SSD
- OWC Express enclosure - silver
- 2 x NewerTech 2.25" Suction Cup
- Torx T10s driver
- Adhesive strip set
- NewerTech pry tool
- Guitar pick / pry tool
- Microfiber scratch-free cloth
- 5 Year OWC SSD Warranty
- 1 Year OWC Enclosure Warranty