Upgrading your iMac with an OWC SSD is the performance pathway to a total system boost with Aura 6G for iMac.
OWC provides Mac users with a complete upgrade solution that delivers higher performance and reliability. Create an ultra-fast SSD boot drive, add 480GB of extra capacity and get the most from your Mac. Aura SSDs are custom engineered for iMac, and add the flexibility to expand capabilities far beyond factory limitations.
- Aggressive data management keeps drives working at full potential even when full.
- Hardware error correction yields superior data retention and drive health
- Gold-standard compression and even data distribution maximises write performance and drive endurance.
- Add a high-performance SSD to your iMac
- Increase capacity. Increase speed. Up to 1TB of 6G performance
- 3-year OWC SSD warranty
- Backed by free DIY install videos and expert support
How to Install an SSD into the Flash Drive/SSD Slot in a 27-inch iMac Late 2012
How to Install an SSD into a 21.5-inch iMac Late 2012 – Early 2013
Compatible with the Macs listed below.
- SandForce SF2281 Processor
- NAND Flash Components
- Tier 1 Asynchronous MLC NAND Flash Storage
- Peak Data Rate: 501MB/s Read and 503MB/s Write
- I/O Per Second (IOPS)
- Random 4KB: Up to 60,000 IOPS
- Chip Based Data Encryption: 128-bit AES-compliant
What's in the box?
- 480GB Aura 6G SSD for iMac (late 2012)
- Torx T25 driver
- Torx T10S Driver
- Torx T8S Driver
- Torx T6S Driver
- PH1 Screwdriver
- Nylon Pry Tool
- Torx SSD mounting screw
- OWC pick (for screen separation)
- Adhesive strips (for screen re-attachment)
- 2 suction cups for the outer glass removal OWC Microfiber wipe
- 3 Year OWC SSD warranty