PCI Express Gen 3 Carrier Board for six M.2 or NGSFF (NF1) PCIe SSD modules
This Squid PCIe Carrier board can support up to six M.2 or NGSFF (NF1) PCIe SSD (solid state drive) modules, with M-key. Supported module dimensions are 2280 and 22110 in length, and a width of up to 32 mm.
The six-module PCI Express carrier board is the fastest carrier board on the market. It utilises the full bandwidth of the 16-lane PCI Express Gen 3 upstream interface.
It should be noted that having exactly six SSD modules mounted is necessary to take full advantage of the maximum speed – six modules happens to be the optimal amount when running in a RAID0 configuration. The result is a read speed of over 14.2 GB/sec, and a write speed of over 12.6 GB/sec. (Please also note such a speed is not possible on a bifurcation-dependent carrier board, since bifurcation allows for a maximum of four modules.)
The operating system recognises each module as an individual hard disk, and can combine them as a RAID.
Like the entire Squid Carrier Board™ product family, this 6-module board is one-slot-wide. It is based on our patented architecture, where the carrier board is located in the middle of the PCI Express slot, and it connects to the motherboard PCIe connector via exchangeable x16 or x8 PCIe upstream adapter. (US Pat. 9,996,494; additional patent pending).
It is very easy to mount/unmount a module – you just work with a single screw.
This carrier board complies with PCIe Specification 3.0 and M.2 Specification 1.1.
- Easy ‘Plug and Play” installation. No drivers needed. Transparent to the operation system.
- Compatible to any motherboard.
- Supports up to six M.2 or NGSFF(NF1) PCIe add-in modules (M-key).
- Easily removable cooling fans.
- Real-time transmission of carrier board & modules’ status to host computer via USB connection.
- On-board Batteryless Data Logger with a backup status indication.
- System requirements
- Apple Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- up to six M.2 or NGSFF(NF1) PCIe add-in modules (M-key)
- modules with 80 mm and 110 mm length, and up to 32 mm in width
- x4 PCIe Gen 3 (8.0 Gbps) downstream connection to each M.2 circuit
- x16 or x8 PCIe Gen 3 (8.0 Gbps) upstream motherboard connection via exchangeable x16 or x8 PCe Adapters
- auxiliary 12V power connection
- Meets PCIe 3.0 and M.2 1.1
- Temperature control
- Easily removable cooling fans
- Any Motherboard
- Without Cooling Fans: 111.15 mm x 167.65 mm (full-height, half-length PCIe board) With Cooling Fans: 111.15 mm x 202.65 mm
What's in the box?
- 1 x PCIe Gen 3 Carrier Board for six M.2 / NGSFF(NF1) PCIe modules with x16 or x8 PCIe upstream Adapter
- 1 x USB terminal cable SKU-043-37
- 1 x Auxiliary 12V power cable SKU-043-39
- 1 x Auxiliary 12V power cable SKU-043-40
- 1 x Set of ceramic heat spreaders for all six of M.2/NGSFF(NF1) modules
- 1 x Screwdriver.
- Limited Amfeltec Warranty