Amfeltec Squid PCI Express Gen 3 Carrier Board for 6 x M.2 or NGSFF (NF1) PCIe SSD modulesby Amfeltec
PCI Express Gen 3 Carrier Board for Six M.2 or NGSFF (NF1) PCIe SSD modules
This Squid PCIe Carrier board can support up to six M.2 or NGSFF (NF1) PCIe SSD (solid state drive) modules, with M-key. Supported module dimensions are 2280 and 22110 in length, and a width of up to 32 mm.
The six-module PCI Express carrier board is the fastest carrier board on the market. It utilises the full bandwidth of the 16-lane PCI Express Gen 3 upstream interface.
It should be noted that having exactly six SSD modules mounted is necessary to take full advantage of the maximum speed – six modules happens to be the optimal amount when running in a RAID 0 configuration. The result is a read speed of over 14.2 GB/sec, and a write speed of over 12.6 GB/sec. (Please also note such a speed is not possible on a bifurcation-dependent carrier board, since bifurcation allows for a maximum of four modules.)
The operating system recognises each module as an individual hard disk, and can combine them as a RAID.
Like the entire Squid Carrier Board product family, this 6-module board is one-slot-wide. It is based on our patented architecture, where the carrier board is located in the middle of the PCI Express slot, and it connects to the motherboard PCIe connector via exchangeable x16 or x8 PCIe upstream adapter.
It is very easy to mount/unmount a module – you just work with a single screw.
This carrier board complies with PCIe Specification 3.0 and M.2 Specification 1.1.
- Easy ‘Plug and Play” installation. No drivers needed. Transparent to the operation system.
- Compatible to any motherboard.
- Supports up to 6 M.2 or NGSFF(NF1) PCIe add-in modules (M-key).
- Easily removable cooling fans.
- Real-time transmission of carrier board & modules’ status to host computer via USBconnection.
- On-board Batteryless Data Logger with a backup status indication.
- up to six M.2 or NGSFF(NF1) PCIe add-in modules (M-key)
- modules with 80 mm and 110 mm length, and up to 32 mm in width
- x4 PCIe Gen 3 (8.0 Gbps) downstream connection to each M.2 circuit
- x16 or x8 PCIe Gen 3 (8.0 Gbps) upstream motherboard connection via exchangeable x16 or x8 PCe Adapters
- auxiliary 12V power connection
What's in the box
- 1 x Amfeltec Squid PCIe Carrier Board for 6 x m.2 SSD's
- x16 PCI Express upstream Adapter
- Auxiliary power cable from empty PCIe slot
- 6 x Heat sinks for each of SSD module
- Limited Amfeltec Warranty
Sign up for our email newletter to be notified about special sales, exclusive products, and more.
We value your privacy and will only send you Megamac promotions.
We’ll never send you spam or sell your details. You can unsubscribe at any time.