iMac 2009-2011 Optical Bay Hard Drive/SSD Mounting Solution
Boost your storage capacity by adding up to an additional 2.0TB of internal storage with a second hard drive, or enjoy near-instantaneous boot and app loading times by adding a Solid State Drive (SSD).
Configuration flexibility is yours when you replace your 2009-2011 iMac's internal SuperDrive with an OWC Data Doubler with a hard drive or SSD. The custom-engineered Data Doubler bracket comes ready to mount any 2.5" SATA drive up to 12.5mm in height.
Once you've installed the entire Data Doubler drive assembly into your 2009-2011 iMac's optical drive bay, you can customize how you want your internal storage to perform. Drive customization is easy and built right into OS X as the new Data Doubler mounted drive can be setup using Apple's Disk Utility program in which you can format the drive, create a RAID array using two drives together, or partition the new drive. Once formatted you can also setup the second drive as a Time Machine backup so you can take your backup with your wherever you go.
- OWC Data Doubler
- Optical Bay Drive/SSD Mounting Solution. Includes everything needed to replace your optical drive with a second hard drive or SSD
- Compatible with 2009 - 2011 iMac
A Closer Look at the OWC Data Doubler
Compatible with the Macs listed below.
What's in the box?
- OWC Data Doubler Bracket for iMac 2009 - 2011
- 2 x Phillips Screws
- Tools (includes: Torx T6, Torx T8, Torx T10, Phillips PH02 drivers, and NewerTech pry tool)
- Detailed Installation Guide
- 2x NewerTech 2.25" Suction Cups
- OWC Microfiber Wipe
- 1 Year Warranty