Think bigger. Deliver faster
Ideal for creative professionals who need reliable photo backup and seamless video editing, 2big RAID delivers up to 16TB of trusted desktop storage. Easy-to-configure hardware RAID 0/1 enables versatile speed, capacity, and data redundancy, while LaCie RAID Manager sends alerts about drive and system health. IronWolf Pro drives support fast, smooth workflows with 7200-RPM performance and long-term reliability. Hot swappable drives are easy to replace when needed, even while 2big RAID is running. And if a natural disaster or accident strikes, rest easy with 5-year Rescue Data Recovery Services
Each drive is equipped with a minimum cache of 64MB and a rotational speed of 7200 rpm, both of which help to ensure uninterrupted data transfers. The array itself is equipped with a 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 port with USB Type-C connectivity. For those whose system does not have a USB Type-C port, the 2big is compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 via an included USB Type-C to Type-A adapter cable.
Professional RAID Made Easy
- Fast Performance: Speeds of up to 440MB/s enable fast large-file transfers and seamless 4K video editing.
- Loads of Capacity: Offering up to 16TB of storage for large-scale projects and long-term archiving.
- Hot-Swappable Drives: Easily remove and replace drives while 2big is still operating.
- Simple RAID Configuration: New to RAID? LaCie Toolkit offers step-by-step assistance with setup. For the best speeds and capacity, choose RAID 0. For data redundancy, choose RAID 1.
- Universal Compatibility: With a USB-C port for the latest computers and a USB 3.0 adapter, connecting to a variety of devices is easy.
- Up to 16TB of desktop RAID storage
- Transfer speeds of up to 440MB/s
- 7200-RPM/64MB cache IronWolf Pro enterprise-class hard drives
- Innovative design with 2-bay RAID for reliability
- LaCie Toolkit offers step-by-step RAID configuration
- LaCie RAID Manager monitors drive
- Design by Neil Poulton
- Number of Bays
- 2 × Seagate IronWolf Pro hard drives
- Total Raw Capacity
- 16TB (2 x 8TB)
- Storage Medium
- Rotational Speed
- 7200 rpm
- Interface Type
- 1 x USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gb/s))
- RAID Modes
- RAID 0/1
- Hot-Swap Support
- Computer with a Thunderbolt 3, USB-C, USB 3.0, or USB 2.0 port
- Windows 8 or Later
- MacOS X 10.12 or Later
- Material of Construction
- Thermoregulated Noctua cooling fan
- W: 118 mm x H: 217 mm x D: 93.2 mm
What's in the box?
- 1 x 16TB LaCie 2big RAID
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gb/s) cable
- 1 x USB 3.0 cable
- 1 x External power supply
- 1 x Quick Install Guide
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
- 5 Year Rescue Data Recovery Services