Smoother performance for your Mac Mini, Mac Pro and MacBook Pro.
When the Mac is used without a monitor, its GPU isn't used. As a result, the interface lags, resulting in choppy screens and slow video, animation, cursor movements, menu navigation, and typing.
This adapter is designed to plug into the HDMI port of your Mac to activate the GPU and load the video drivers - resulting in smoother performance.
The NewerTech HDMI Headless Video Accelerator (aka Headless Ghost) is a display emulator (dummy plug) that fits discreetly in to the video output socket on your computer.
Once the NewerTech HDMI Headless Video Accelerator (aka Headless Ghost) is attached, your operating system detects a connected display and enables the GPU. The GPU hardware is often disabled until a display is attached resulting in poor performance and a limited working resolution for remote users.
With the GPU enabled, it is possible to perform for various tasks including high resolution hardware accelerated remote desktop and GPGPU operations like crypto currency mining.
- Use the full power of your Mac mini, Mac Pro and MacBook Pro graphics processor without needing a display
- Remotely access your Mac with native display support
- Ultra-compact, low-profile design
- Emulates a high resolution display up to 4096x2160 (4K)
- Works with Windows, OSX, Linux and just about everything else
- No drivers, no configuration, no power cable - just set and forget
- Allows for high resolution, GPU accelerated remote desktop
- Works great with Virtual Desktop on Oculus Rift & HTC Vive
- Acts as a dummy plug for use with GPGPU tasks such as crypto currency mining
Did you know that if you try to access a Mac mini that doesn't have a display attached via Screen Sharing, the graphics response is terrible? This fixes the problem.
Compatible with the Macs listed below.
- Maximum Resolution
- Mac mini Late 2014 (Macmini7,1) also supports 3840 x 2160
- Software Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- System Requirements
- Plug and play on Windows, OSX and Linux
- 5.67 g
What's in the box?
- NewerTech HDMI Headless adapter
- 3 Year NewerTech Product Limited Warranty