NewerTech HDMI Headless Video Accelerator (Headless Ghost)by NewerTech
NewerTech HDMI Headless Video Accelerator (Headless Ghost)
Running your Mac or PC “headless” (no keyboard, mouse or monitor) is a great way to turn a machine into a network file and/or media server. Small form factor machines like the Mac mini or Intel NUC – as well the compact cylindrical Mac Pro 2013 - are ideal for placing into a space confined closet or rack. Remote accessing these machines used to mean being limited to viewing a hard to view, low resolution screen…even if you used an older monitor connected to the remote machine. With the NewerTech HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator, you can now break free of limited 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024 resolution headaches when accessing macOS, Windows, and Linux machines remotely while viewing the desktop with up to full 4K 4096 x 2160 resolution.
Remote Viewing Options
- Operate machine headless and accept the resolution the machine will deliver. Uncertain and possibly frustrating outcome because various machines and/or operating systems will default in to lowest possible resolution and perhaps no display at all
- Use older monitor but be limited to low resolution display. Far from ideal
- Use newer, high resolution monitor. Cost prohibitive for the limited use
- Use extremely affordable, benchmark tested proven NewerTech HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator and enjoy up to 4096 x 2160 Ultra High Definition resolution
See & Do It All: A Full-Sized Remote Desktop
Also known as a HDMI dummy plug, the NewerTech HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator “ghosts” a physical video connection of an external display to unleash the full display resolution capability of your headless server:
WITHOUT NewerTech Emulator at 1280 x 1024 Resolution
A Hassle: limited view of open windows…requires minimising stacked windows to find the one you’re looking for and then reopening it to full size.
WITH NewerTech Emulator at 3840 x 2160 Resolution
See it All: see all your windows open on the desktop and just zoom in on each one to see it at a fuller size.
Maintains App Investment with Full Graphics Performance
If you have a substantial investment in earlier versions of creative production apps like Illustrator, InDesign, Creative Suite, and Final Cut Pro X, you know you need to run a Mac OS version that supports them. But, trying to use those apps remotely on a headless machine running OSX 10.12.x (Sierra) and earlier can cause choppy images and mouse lags because the GPU isn’t activated in those OS versions. Plugging the NewerTech HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator into an open HDMI interface on your machine is the solution to eliminate hampered performance and a small desktop.
Easy to Use and Install
Using and installing the NewerTech HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator might possibly be the easiest computing related task you’ve done. There’s no driver downloads or configuration… simply plug it into an open HDMI port on your remote Mac or PC and it immediately enables full performance capability on demand.
Real World Uses
- Are you a server admin? Install software, reboot, and run updates while viewing your progress just like you normally would on a directly connected display
- Early adopter? Use a VR headset without needing a connected display
- Compatibility testing an app or website? Easily remote into an older machine and operating system
- Restores remote access view – up to 4096 x 2160 (4K) resolution
- Highly compatible - works with any macOS, Windows, and Linux machine with an open HDMI port
- Plug and Play - no driver downloads or configuration
Take a look at the NewerTech Headless Mac Video Accelerator
Did you know that if you try to access a Mac mini that doesn't have a display attached via Screen Sharing, the graphics response is terrible? This fixes the problem.
- Maximum: 4096 x 2160
- 4096x2160 @ 30Hz/29Hz/24Hz
- 3840x2160 @ 30Hz/29Hz/24Hz
- 2560x1600 @ 75Hz/30Hz/24Hz
- 2560x1440 @ 75Hz/60Hz
- 2560x1080 @ 30Hz
- 2048x1536 30Hz/29Hz
- 1920x1440 @ 75Hz/60Hz
- 1920x1200 @ 90Hz/75Hz/60Hz
- 1920x1080 @ 120hz/100Hz/90Hz/75Hz/60Hz/30Hz
- 1440x900 @ 120hz/100Hz/90Hz/75Hz/60Hz/30Hz
- 800x600 @ 60Hz/30Hz
- 640x480 @ 100Hz/75Hz/60Hz/30Hz
- Actual resolutions presented on a system will vary depending on the computer and the operating system version
- Wireless: 802.11n or better recommended
- Wired: Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) or better recommended
- H: 6 x L: 25 x W: 18 mm
- 6 g
What's in the box
- 1 x HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
Sign up for our email newletter to be notified about special sales, exclusive products, and more.
We value your privacy and will only send you Megamac promotions.
We’ll never send you spam or sell your details. You can unsubscribe at any time.