NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card - Discontinuedby NewerTech
Enter your email address below for alternatives.
Megamac Rating:Read reviews
Delivery:Calculated at checkout
Returns:14-day return policy
Need some help?
Email us, chat now, WhatsApp Us, or call +44 20 3322 4697
NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card
The NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card is like a "performance assurance policy" as conventional hard disk drives and SSDs migrate to the SATA 6Gb/s standard. Installing the card now offers immediate speeds gains while making a Mac Pro or PC future ready for even greater speed gains. Like all good upgrades, the card doesn't leave the past behind. The NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card is fully backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 slots as well as previous generations of SATA 1.5Gb/s and 3Gb/s drives.
High performance doesn't mean a thing if its highly complicated to use, install, or a hassle to keep maintained. Because the NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card is fully compliant with the industry standard Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI), there are no drivers to install and no future driver downloading/updating required. Additionally, the card uses the same connecting cables utilized by earlier SATA 1.5Gb/s and 3Gb/s devices for straight from the box, "install it and forget it" highest levels of convenience and performance.
From faster backups and file transfers to high-end Audio/Video editing, connecting an eSATA interface equipped device to the NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card can take data transfer performance to an entirely new level. Compatible with Mac Pro models and PCs with an available PCIe 2.0 slot2, the NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card works with many eSATA-equipped external hard drives3 or optical drives, to deliver significantly faster data transfer rates over the fastest factory equipped Mac Pro interface of FireWire 800.
- This Card AddsTwo eSATA 6G Ports
- RequiresAvailable PCIe Slot
- OS X 10.6.8 or higher
- Windows 7 or higher
- Driver not required for OS X
- Driver required for Windows 8 or 8.1
- Boot Camp is not supported
- Mac or PC featuring PC with a PCIe 1.0 slot
- Recommended (Best Performance)
- Mac or PC featuring PCIe 2.0 or higher slot
- Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassis are supported
- Mac: supported on any compatible Mac
- PC: Windows 7 or higher with AHCI mode enabled in BIOS
- Sequential Read/Write (compressible data - 1 volume, 1 port)
- Read: 534 MB/s
- Write: 495 MB/s
- Sequential Read/Write (compressible data - 1 volume, 2 ports shared)
- Read: 775 MB/s
- Write: 725 MB/s
- Speeds will vary based on drives used, setup, and other factors.
- Mac: 10.7.2 or higher
- PC: any compatible PC
- Height (PCB): 69 mm (2.8 in)
- Width (bracket): 19 mm (0.7 in)
- Length (bracket and PCB): 71 mm (2.8 in)
What's in the box
- 1 x NewerTech MAXPower eSATA 6G Pro PCIe Controller Card
- 3 Year Newer Technology Limited Warranty
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for our email newletter to be notified about special sales, exclusive products, and more.
We value your privacy and will only send you Megamac promotions.
We’ll never send you spam or sell your details. You can unsubscribe at any time.