NewerTech Mini DisplayPort Headless Video Accelerator
Mac computers are amazing machines, packing phenomenal power into a compact design. They're fantastic when used as headless units for high-power, whisper-quiet home or professional servers. But even with the these outstanding capabilities, when your Mac is operated without a display attached, the GPU isn't activated, meaning it's not pulling its weight. So when you access your Mac remotely, the CPU does all the work rendering the user interface. The interface lags; OS animation, cursor movement, menu navigation, and typing all suffer, making remote operations a pain.
Now there's an easy NewerTech fix to make your remote experience smooth again. The Headless Mac Video Accelerator makes your headless Mac think it has an attached display, activating its GPU and taking full advantage of its power, so your remote interface works perfectly – exactly how you'd expect. This adapter works well with most PC computers, too! So, simply plug in a Headless Mac Video Accelerator and get back to working smoothly on your headless Mac or PC.
- Never settle for a choppy interface
- Plug in. Restore Performance. Easy
- Display Menu for Mac
- Change Screen Resolution Remotely
- Software Requirements
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Windows 7 or later
- Driver not required for OS X
- Driver not required for Windows
- Hardware Requirements
- Mac or PC featuring Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt interface
- Mac or PC featuring Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt 2 interface
Recommended (Best Performance)
- Mini DisplayPort
- 1920x1080 @ 60Hz maximum resolution
What's in the box?
- Headless Video Accelerator
- NewerTech 3 Year Limited Warranty