OWC 16TB Mercury Enterprise Pro 2.5" 7mm SATA SSDby OWC
OWC Mercury Enterprise Pro
The Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G is the capacity giant that crushes all other SATA SSDs. By stuffing an astounding industry highest 16TB in its 2.5-inch form factor, this SSD lets you utilise up to 4x more storage capacity per drive in your Mac or PC, external drives, storage arrays, and servers.
The Highest Level of Security
Highest-level security protocols are used to ensure data stored in the Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G is safe from loss, theft, or repurposing. Data is automatically stored in AES-256 encryption…the strongest format used by the U.S. government to ensure national security.
Protects Against the Unexpected
Built to deliver enterprise class reliability, the Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G keeps your data safe even during life’s unexpected events. SmartFlush technology provides the critical additional time to finish a data write in the event of a power loss or system failure.
Uses Less Space and Power
Featuring a 2.5-inch form factor, the Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G takes up 8x less space than a 3.5-inch HDD. And with a miserly 3.8W active/2.0W idle power consumption, it uses 38% less power than a 16TB HDD. Space-saving, cool running, energy efficient…the Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G makes your data storage better in all ways.
Ideal LTO Tape Archiving Staging Drive
Huge volumes of data are stored on LTO tape because it’s the lowest cost/longest life storage format. Adding the Mercury Enterprise Pro 6G as a high capacity “staging drive” to LTO archiving solutions like the Mercury Pro LTO enables faster transfer of large data files to the tape drive. Imagine…being able to load up a 12TB LTO-8 tape in one smooth fast process!
- Enterprise class: designed with robust technologies that provide maximum drive endurance and data reliability
- More storage: 16TB of capacity offers 4x more space than most common sized SSDs
- Super-fast: up to 520MB/s data rates and up to 90K IOPS
- Preventive: safeguards data path from host device to the drive and prevents data from being written to bad blocks
- Protective: SmartFlush protects data integrity during power outage or system failure
- Secure: supports AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption and TCG (Trusted Computing Group) Opal specification
- Feature-packed: supports TRIM, S.M.A.R.T, and NCQ for the best drive space management, reporting, performance, and longevity
- Energy efficient: up to 3.8W active, up to 2.0W idle power consumption
- 15380GB useable capacity
- Total flash memory components: 16000GB
- 620GB allocated to real-time data redundancy and error correction
- 14324 GiB
- 2.5-inch 7mm
- SATA 6.0 Gb/s
- Phison PS3112-S12DC with 4% over-provisioning
- Micron quad-level cell (QLC) 3D NAND flash
- Standard attributes supported
- Up to 32 simultaneous commands
- Up to 90,000 IOPS
- Up to 10,000 IOPS
- 520 MB/s
- 220 MB/s
- 1 per 1017 bits read
- 1,500,000 hours
- 1160TB total bytes written (TBW), equal to 455 GB per day for 7 years
- H: 7 x L: 100 x W: 70 mm
- 69 g
What's in the box
- 1 x OWC Mercury Enterprise Pro SSD
- 1 x 7mm – 9.5mm Spacer
- 5 Year Limited Warranty
Sign up for our email newletter to be notified about special sales, exclusive products, and more.
We value your privacy and will only send you Megamac promotions.
We’ll never send you spam or sell your details. You can unsubscribe at any time.