Mercury Electra 3G SSD and AdaptaDrive Kit
Experience the extreme performance of an OWC SSD upgrade with this easy DIY AdaptaDrive and Mercury Electra 3G Kit. AdaptaDrive enables you to install the high-speed Mercury SSD in an available 3.5" SATA drive bay in moments, delivering phenomenal transfer speeds and outstanding reliability.
Fast and reliable solid-state storage
Delivering the latest in flash NAND and controller technology, utilising SLC and 3D NAND for long-lasting, power-efficient performance. Mercury Electra 3G SSD's offer a powerful combination of performance and reliability for demanding everyday computer users.
Unlike traditional hard disk drives, OWC SSDs have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, and highly rugged storage solution that also offers near instantaneous system response.
Maintains highest performance while offering ultimate convenience
The NewerTech AdaptaDrive has been benchmark test proven to deliver the same data transfer rates as is experienced when a drive is connected directly to the SATA data bus. The AdaptaDrive doesn't create a bottleneck or any performance throttling...it delivers pure data pass-through performance and drive use convenience from any 2.5" SATA 1.5Gb/s, 3Gb/s, or 6Gb/s hard drive or SSD.
- Compatible with any 2.5" SATA hard drive or Solid State drive
- Use anywhere you would install a 3.5" SATA drive
- Includes compatibility with backplane trays such as those found in Apple Mac Pro models
- Fully SATA 3.0 Revision (6Gb/s) compatible
- Backward compatible with SATA 2.0 Revision (3Gb/s) and 1.0 Revision (1.5Gb/s) drives
- Open design allows for full air flow for proper drive cooling
OWC's step-by-step video of how to install a drive in a NewerTech AdaptaDrive.
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- Mercury Electra 3G SSD
- 1000GB useable
- NAND Flash Components
- Tier 1 3D NAND
- Form Factor
- Standard 7mm 2.5"
- SATA 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s supported, SATA 3.1 Compliant
- RAID Support
- Read: 272MB/s & Write: 198MB/s
- Trim Support
- OS dependent
- SMART Attributes
- Physical Dimensions
- H: 7 mm W: 70.1 mm L: 100.1 mm
- AdaptaDrive Kit
- Drive Interface
- Fully SATA Revision 3.0 (6Gb/s) compatible
- SATA Revision 2.0 (3Gb/s) and 1.0 (1.5Gb/s) compatible
- Drive Supported
- 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s drive
- Physical Dimensions
- H: 1 cm W: 10.2 cm L: 14.7 cm
What's in the box?
- 1 x 1TB OWC Mercury Electra 3G SSD
- 1 x AdaptaDrive 2.5" to 3.5" Drive Converter Bracket
- 4 x 2.5" drive to bracket mounting screws
- 4 x Bracket to 3.5" drive bay mounting screws
- 1 x AdaptaDrive Assembly Manual & User Guide
- SSD: 3 Year Limited Warranty
- AdaptaDrive: 5 Year Limited Warranty