High Speed Performance and Reliability
Mercury Electra SSDs deliver the latest in flash NAND and controller technology, utilising 3D NAND + SLC caching for long-lasting, power-efficient performance. They offer a powerful combination of performance and reliability for demanding everyday computer users.
The Mercury SSD line features:
- Global wear levelling algorithms automatically distribute data evenly and manage program/erase count, maximising SSD lifespan.
- Static data refresh technology manages free space, gradually refreshing data across the SSD over time, preventing data corruption.
- Hardware ECC corrects errors for superior data retention and drive life.
- S.M.A.R.T and TRIM command support.
- Standby power benefits to extend battery life for laptop road warriors.
High Performance Internal Storage
This 6G SATA SSD delivers fast, reliable performance. It works as a hard drive upgrade internally and in bus-powered or self-powered external enclosures (any Mac, PC, or enclosure that supports 2.5" SATA drives, must support 7mm drive height).
OWC SSDs have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, highly rugged storage solution that also offers near instantaneous system response. With real world speeds over to 500MB/s, the OWC Mercury Electra 6G SSD line delivers unbeatable performance.
- The perfect solution for everyday computing
- Latest flash NAND and controller technology
- Global wear levelling data distribution
- Static data refresh technology for freespace management
- Hardware ECC (error correction)
- S.M.A.R.T and TRIM command support
- Standby power benefits to extend battery life for laptop road warriors
Compatible with the devices listed below.
- Form Factor
- 2.5-inch 7mm
- SATA 6.0 Gb/s
- Phison PS3112-S12 with 3% over-provisioning
- NAND Flash Components
- Micron Synchronous Quad-Level Cell (QLC) 3D NAND Flash
- S.M.A.R.T. Attributes
- Standard attributes supported
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Up to 32 simultaneous commands
- RAID Support
- RoHS Compliant
- Reach Certification
- Sequential Read (Max)
- Up to 525 MB/s
- Sequential Write (Max)
- Up to 516 MB/s
- Sequential Read (Average)
- 514 MB/s
- Sequential Write (Average)
- 509 MB/s
- Nonrecoverable Read Errors
- 1 per 1016 bits read
- MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)
- 1,600,000 hours
- TRIM Support
- OS Dependent
- Secure Erase|Crypto Erase
- 50TB total bytes written (TBW), equal to 28 GB per day for 5 years
- Mac OS Compatibility
- PC OS Compatibility
- Other Requirements
- Host or device with a built-in SATA connection.
- Write Mode (Max)
- Up to 1.8 Watts
- Seek Mode (Max)
- Up to 1.8 Watts
- Idle Mode (Max)
- Up to 0.09 Watts
- H: 0.7 x L: 10.0 x W: 7.0 cm
What's in the box?
- 1TB OWC Mercury Electra 6Gb/s 2.5" SSD
- 3 Year Limited Warranty