OWC 500GB Mercury Electra 3G 2.5" SSD, Express Enclosure & Toolkit DIY Upgrade Bundleby OWC
Megamac Rating:Read reviews
Delivery:Calculated at checkout
Returns:14-day return policy
Need some help?
Email us, chat now, WhatsApp Us, or call +44 20 3322 4697
500GB 2.5" OWC Solid State Drive 7mm DIY Bundle
The Drive and Tools you need to Upgrade/Replace the existing 2.5" Drive in your laptop, Mac mini, Xbox, PS3, etc + make the drive being replaced an External for data transfer, backup, and/or additional portable storage.
Examples of how this bus-powered Express bundle can be used:
- Power Users / Travellers: Relocate your "home folder" to your Express and have your files with you at home, at work or on the road without the need to synchronise your machines.
- Laptop Owners: Clone your current internal SATA hard drive in your laptop to the new drive. Then install the new, larger drive in your laptop and keep the smaller drive in your Express for additional storage space.
- iTunes Aficionados: Keep a copy of your iTunes library on your external drive to play on multiple machines.
- Gamers: Add additional storage to your XBox 360 or PS3 game console to store music, media, and other downloads. PS3 even includes a backup utility to protect your internal drive's data.
- For Everyone: Have the peace of mind of a complete backup plan. Create a bootable clone of your hard drive at regular intervals so if your computer goes down, your productivity doesn't go down with it. Boot to another computer and keep on working!
Before attempting to perform this installation, please watch the following instructional video in its entirety to determine your ability to perform this complex procedure. Megamac and OWC assume no responsibility for damage that may occur during the install. Technical support for this DIY product consists only of this video.
OWC NOTE: This enclosure is not designed for support of SSDs and recommended to be used with 2.5" Hard Drives only.*Bus powered via USB port on most computers, provided computer's bus supplies appropriate power needs.
- Backup and store your data with style and confidence
- Take your data with you - small enough to keep in a pocket
- Easily add additional laptop storage with no AC adapter required
OWC Express: Drive Installation
OWC's step-by-step video of how to install a hard drive in an OWC Express Enclosure.
- Macintosh: Macintosh running OS 8.6 to 9.2.2, OS X 10.2.x or later including 'Mavericks' 10.9.x, and an available USB port. Time Machine Compatible: Mac OS X 10.5 (version introduced) and later.
- PC: Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, NT, 98, and an available USB port.
- Linux: Linux compatible via supported the USB interface.
What's in the box
- 1 x OWC Express 2.5″ SATA Hard Drive or Solid State Drive Enclosure
- 1 x OWC Mercury Electra 3G SSD 500GB
- 1 x OWC 5-Piece Mini Toolkit
- 1 x Nylon Spudger
- 1 x Phillips #00
- 1 x Straight Blade 1.8mm
- 1 x Torx T8
- 1 x Torx T6
- 1 x High Quality USB 2.0/1.1 (mini-B type) cable
- 1 x Assembly Manual & User Guide
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for our email newletter to be notified about special sales, exclusive products, and more.
We value your privacy and will only send you Megamac promotions.
We’ll never send you spam or sell your details. You can unsubscribe at any time.