OWC Data Doubler (MacBook & MacBook Pro)by OWC
Install an SSD in your Mac's Optical Bay!
Add up to an additional 2.0TB of internal storage. Add a Solid State Drive (SSD) for near instantaneous boot and app load. Even create a RAID array! Includes bracket, 5 piece toolkit, screws, and detailed installation guide for complete all in one solution.
Configuration flexibility is yours when you replace your MacBook or MacBook Pro's internal SuperDrive with the OWC Data Doubler. This custom engineered blue anodised aluminium bracket with attached PCB circuit board comes ready to mount any 9.5mm tall 2.5" SATA hard disk drive and even Solid State Drives.
Then, just install the entire assembly into a MacBook or MacBook Pro 5.25" optical drive bay. OWC Data Doubler makes it easy to custom design how you want your internal storage to perform. Installed drives are recognized like any other high speed SATA storage device and can be setup and partitioned using the Apple Disk Utility Program.
- Replace your optical drive with a Hard Drive or SSD
- Create an individual volume with its own desktop icon.
- Combine your new drive with the existing internal drive for one larger volume (SPAN).
- Combine your new matching drive with existing internal for high-performance RAID-0 Stripe volume.
- Configure your new drive as a Time Machinebackup drive.
- Format your new drive for the Mac OS and the other dedicated for Windows.
What's in the box
- OWC Data Doubler Bracket
- Interposer Board
- Screws (5pcs, 3 x Phillips #002 x Phillips #1)
- Detailed Installation Guide with Model Specific Instructions/Step by Step Photos
- Toolkit includes everything you need to open your Mac and install the Data Doubler.
- 1 Year OWC Brand Standard Limited Warranty
Sign up for our email newletter to be notified about special sales, exclusive products, and more.
We value your privacy and will only send you Megamac promotions.
We’ll never send you spam or sell your details. You can unsubscribe at any time.