OWC In-line Digital Thermal Sensor with Installation tools for iMac 2011 Hard Drive Upgrade
OWC's in-line solution is the only hardware digital thermal sensor on the market allowing a third-party 3.5" SATA hard drive to be installed in your iMac. A convenient, plug-and-play cable, the In-line Digital Thermal Sensor eliminates fan noise and maintains proper system fan control through the iMac's System Management Controller. This innovative device is designed specifically for the iMac, requires no software hacks and ensures compatibility with Apple's built-in diagnostic processes.
Replace your iMac's original hard drive with up to an 8.0TB hard drive or a lighting fast SSD with an OWC Internal SSD DIY Kit, for dramatic upgrades in storage capacity or data speed while maintaining the original system's fan and diagnostic performance.
- Eliminate fan noise and maintain correct system fan control when upgrading your 2011 iMac.
- The only iMac HDD upgrade option on the market certified to pass the Apple Hardware Test.
- Fixes firmware incompatibility issues with third party hard drives.
- Engineered in-house and backed by OWC's award-winning customer support.
How to Upgrade the 3.5-inch Hard Drive in a 21.5-inch iMac Mid 2011
How to Upgrade the 3.5-inch Hard Drive in a 27-inch iMac 2011
Compatible with the Macs listed below.
What's in the box?
- OWC In-line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable
- 2 suction cups for the outer glass removal
- NewerTech 14-Piece Toolkit
- NewerTech Microfiber Pro Cleaning Cloth
- This kit contains consumable and/or one time use components and therefore is not covered by any warranty.