OWC Mercury Helios 3S Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Solutionby OWC
Megamac Rating:Read reviews
Delivery:Calculated at checkout
Returns:14-day return policy
Need some help?
Email us, chat now, WhatsApp Us, or call +44 20 3322 4697
A New World of Expansion Flexibility
Using a video, audio, storage, network, or even gaming PCIe card with a Mac Pro or PC desktop is a simple matter of inserting your card into an open slot. But what do you do if you have a laptop or even a space-confined desktop like an iMac or Mac mini that doesn't contain a PCIe slot?
The OWC Mercury Helios 3S is an easy to use yet powerful expansion solution that adds an external PCIe slot to your Thunderbolt 3 equipped computer. Now you can maximise your existing PCIe card investment — or expand it! — while enjoying the flexibility of adding professional-class video production, transcoding, audio processing, data storage, and high-speed network connectivity to your machine.
Re-task Without Limits
Instead of buying one or more function-dedicated Thunderbolt interface devices, you can use Mercury Helios 3S like a dock for multiple PCIe cards. Capture incredibly high-quality audio with a PCIe audio card and then re-task Helios 3S with a PCIe SSD card to edit and archive tracks. You can swap cards in minutes, adding a new level of flexibility to your workflow.
Capture, Stream, and Share in Seconds
With dual 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 (Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt backward compatible), the Mercury Helios 3S offers the bandwidth needed to support data-intensive 4K capture cards to speed up diverse video workflows such as vlogging. Boost your DAW with external DSP acceleration and run larger mixes with multiple plug-ins. Livestream the action in your gaming sessions or share files over a 10GbE or Fibre Channel network without any speed throttling.
Add New Capabilities to Your Workflow
Thunderbolt 3 offers more than just speed. Mercury Helios 3S leverages the full power of Thunderbolt 3 to deliver added potential to your Mac or PC. Daisy-chain up to five additional Thunderbolt peripherals for incredible capabilities to work or play. Charge your notebook with 85W while you work. Even add up to an 8K display via the DisplayPort interface to expand your viewing space.
Plug and Play
No special software or drivers needed...just plug the Mercury Helios 3S into an open Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer with the included cable to immediately expand your system capabilities.No tools required either...just remove two thumb screws and insert a card to start enjoying productivity gains wherever your work takes you.
- Lightning-fast 40Gbps transfer speeds: (2) Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Play your card: (1) PCIe (x16) slot for half-length, full-height, single or double-width cards
- See more: DisplayPort 1.4 for connecting up to an 8K display
- Easy card installs: No tools required
- Charge while working: 85W of notebook charging
- One PCIe 3.0 card that is up to half-length, full-height, and double-width
- PCIe cards that utilise a PCIe 3.0 x4 interface. PCIe cards that require a minimum of 8 or more PCIe lanes are not supported.
- GPUs not supported
- If the card requires a driver it must be Thunderbolt-aware.
- Cards that require more than 75W are not supported.
- (2) Thunderbolt 3
- (1) DisplayPort 1.4
- Supports dual display configurations via Thunderbolt 3 and DisplayPort
- The DisplayPort does not support DP++
- When using a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, make sure to use an active adapter.
- AC Input 2.2A 100-240V 50-60Hz
- DC Output 12.5A 12V
- Wattage 150W
What's in the box
- 1 x Mercury Helios 3S
- 1 x Thunderbolt 3 cable
- 1 x External power supply
- 1 x Power cable
- 1 x User guide
- 3 Year Limited Warranty
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for our email newletter to be notified about special sales, exclusive products, and more.
We value your privacy and will only send you Megamac promotions.
We’ll never send you spam or sell your details. You can unsubscribe at any time.